Elder John Miller

Elder John Miller

Monday, February 8, 2016

Cooks Inlet YSA, Anchorage


Pretty sure that's how you spell that.

So this week was pretty much awesome for the most part. This was
definitely a super busy week, and there's actually pictures this week,
if mom puts them on the Facebook, or whatever the kids are using these

Tuesday was my last full day with Elder Crawford, so we went pretty
hard. We taught 6 lessons in one at, which really doesn't happen all
that often. I got my hair did up as well, and I got some hair product
for free. Does anyone know how to use hair product? Cause I had no
idea. For real though, I'm 19 and I don't even know how to do my hair
up. What has this world come to?

Wednesday is the new transfer day, so that's when we had transfers.
Elder Crawford is off to Fishook and now I'm with Elder Santana. We
went tracting and we ran into a crazy Russian guy named Yuri. We're
going to. Give him a Russian Book of Mormon because he doesn't speak
English. I don't even think he likes us, but I couldn't really tell.

Thursday we had our last lesson with Rhiannon. She was super excited,
as usual. Then we talked about funny mission stories with Eli, her
boyfriend. He served in Louisville Kentucky, which is where all the
sisters in Elder Santana's MTC district went. So they knew a bunch of
the same people. It was super funny. We also had a couple other
lessons that day. We ended up having 10 lessons with people who are
reactivating, which I've never done before. Shoot dang.

Friday we tracted. All day long. I feel like these reports et pretty
boring sometimes. Sorry if I bore you. But yeah, that was pretty much

Saturday, however, was easily the best day of my mission. We had to
fill th font for the baptism, and while we were doing that we also
listened to th MTC devotional "Feed My Sheep" by Elder Holland and
that's probably my favorite talk of all time. I'm going to get it
somehow. Turns out someone passed away in one of the other wards so
there was a funeral at the same time as our baptism. I thought that was
hilarious. People were walking in and we were like "funeral or
baptism?" Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase baptism for the
dead. But then at 1 pm, Rhiannon got baptized!!! That's right, three
exclamation marks. The man who baptized her was her old high school
drama teacher, and he had a radio announcer voice, which was super
cool. I don't think I've ever seen a happier person in my entire life
than when she got out of the font. Even her parents were feeling it.
10/10 as far as days go.

Sunday the Broncos won the super bowl, as I'm sure you all know. Too
bad I couldn't watch it. I'm not bitter. Because of the super bowl
there were very few people at church, it was pretty funny. What was
Even funnier was that all the Polynesian guys showed up, and they're
all the ones that were taking bets on the game. But Rhiannon got
confirmed, which was awesome. She asked us to stand in on th circle,
which was also awesome. I use the word awesome too much, but in this
circumstance I do believe the word may be instituted. It was quite

And that pretty much brings us to now. So yeah. That's about it. I
don't really know what else to say. Have a good week I guess. This was
one of the better weeks of my life, so hopefully you all can take a
part of that with you and have one of the best weeks of your life too.
Peace out.


Rhiannon's baptism

Elder Crawford and Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.